FACULTIES

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FACULTY

Address: B.Khmelnitsky Str, 9, building 6, Minsk, Belarus, 220013

Phone: +375 17 2924101, +375 17 2929407
Fax: +375 17 2924101

E-mail: msf@bntu.by, deanmed@bntu.by

Mechanical Engineering Faculty

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FACULTY

General

The Mechanical Engineering Faculty is one of the oldest faculties of the Belarusian National Technical University. Its history started on December 10, 1920 with the opening of the speciality "Machines, Tools and Metal Cutting" at the first higher technical educational establishment founded in the Republic of Belarus. In 1934 the faculty was reorganized into the Mechanical Faculty of the Belarusian Polytechnic Institute (BPI). In 1958 the Mechanical Faculty was renamed into the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.

The Dean of the Faculty is Sergey V. Haritonchik, Associate Professor, PhD in Engineering.

2960 students study at the Faculty now, 1450 of them being full-time students.

648 young people are admitted annually as the first-year students (education of 301 of them is government-financed, 47 of them pay for their education), 318 of them are full-time students, and 330 are correspondence students.

2 Corresponding Members of NAS of Belarus, 25 Doctors of Science (DSc) and 75 Candidates of Science (PhD) are working at the Faculty.